Elizabeth (Betsy) Gilbertson, MD
- Family medicine
- Women's Health
- Prenatal care including delivery
- Adolescent Health
- mental health
- Preventive care
- Virtual visits
I am a board-certified family medicine physician with professional interests in women's health, prenatal care including delivery, pediatrics, adolescent health, mental health, and preventive care. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Hometown: St. Paul, MN
Practice philosophy: I believe that healthy communication is the foundation of the doctor-patient partnership. In each visit, I try my best to listen intently, communicate openly, and answer questions thoroughly, in plain language. My goal is for patients to walk away feeling heard, informed, and empowered to make choices that are right for them.
I am passionate about: women’s health, prenatal care and delivery. As an OB provider, it is a privilege to witness the extraordinary power of women in pregnancy and birth, and then continue to care for women and families. I am a fierce advocate for safe and empowered birth, and I work hard to help women and their partners/families feel supported through the joys and challenges of pregnancy, birth, and beyond.
If I wasn't a provider, I would be a: food critic, a history teacher, or a public defender.
I became a provider because: I believe all people deserve access to quality, compassionate health care. I think family medicine offers a unique opportunity to work to eliminate health disparities through whole person and community-based care.
My patients have taught me: there is not always a single “right” answer in medicine. Each patient brings a unique background and set of beliefs and preferences to their health decisions.
My personal health goal is: to be active, to eat real food, and to make time for myself and my loved ones most days.
- Family medicine
Awards and recognitions
- 2021 Top Doctor Rising Star in Mpls. St. Paul Magazine
- Minnesota State Fair
- Carleton College - Northfield, Minnesota
- Creighton University School of Medicine - Omaha, Nebraska
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Obstetrics & Gynecologists
- Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians
- University of Minnesota - North Memorial Family Medicine Residency
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)