Lauren Murphy, DO
A referral may be needed for this provider.
- Innovative and alternative ways of delivering mental health care
- Integrated behavioral health models
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Management of behavioral issues
- Parental perceptions and its influences on children's mental health
- Media influence on mental health in all ages
I am a board-certified doctor of osteopathic medicine practicing psychiatry with special interests in innovative and alternative ways of delivering mental health care; telepsychiatry; neuromodulation; integrated behavioral health models; resilience; mood disorders in children, teens and adults; ADHD diagnosis and management; management of behavioral issues and anger; parental perceptions and its influences on children's mental health; media influence on mental health in all ages; and professional mental health and burn out.
Hometown: Eden Prairie, MN
My practice philosophy is: I believe that the most effective way to provide mental health care for children, teens and adults is via a collaborative approach and a thorough understanding of the underlying bio-psycho-social factors of each patient and their families.
I am most proud of: My family: they always support me. My husband: we face life triumphs together and stand strong by each others sides. Our daughters: they keep things fun and busy! I am also proud to have the privilege to practice psychiatry and to help people during most difficult times of their lives.
If I wasn't a health care provider, I would be: A teacher!
My personal health goal is: To do a daily work out for 100 days straight.
- Outdoor activities
- A.T. Still University School of Osteopathic Medicine
Current licenses and certifications
- MN medical license
- Mayo Clinic, General Psychiatry
- Mayo Clinic, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Years of experience
Additional languages spoken
- New Ulm Medical Center
Are you this provider? Update your profile.