Cora Walsh, MD
- Family medicine
- Women's Health
- Reproductive health care
- mental health
- Skin Care
- Office-based procedures
- Virtual visits
I am a board-certified family medicine physician with professional interests in women’s health, pediatrics, mental health, skin care and office-based procedures. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Hometown: Buffalo, MN
My practice philosophy: One of my great joys in practice is getting to know the individual life stories of my patients. As a family physician, caring for my patients means caring for them as a whole person, and understanding how their state of health is interconnected with the other aspects of their life and family. Additionally, I see primary care as an opportunity to teach patients about their health and empower them to act upon that knowledge.
I am passionate about: providing family medicine continuity throughout all ages, including maternity care and obstetrical deliveries for my patients. I love nothing more than getting to deliver for my patients and then care for those babies as they grow!
If I wasn't a physician, I would be a: travel writer, because I love learning about new places and people.
One challenge of medicine that I enjoy is: that I never know exactly what a day will bring!
The best thing I have done for my health is: started taking family walks regularly, it is a great way to relax, enjoy time together in nature, and get some exercise in.
I am most proud of: becoming a mother with the birth of my son in 2018.
- Family medicine
Awards and recognitions
- 2021 Top Doctor Rising Star in Mpls. St. Paul Magazine
- Weill Cornell Medical College
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- Denison University
- American Association of Family Physicians
- Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians
- North Memorial Family Medicine Residency Program
Years of experience
- The Mother Baby Center at United and Children's Minnesota
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)