Amanda Hoffman, MD
- Family medicine
- Prenatal care
- Pregnancy care
- Pediatric and adolescent care
- Preventive Medicine
- Women's Health
- Virtual visits
I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Hometown: I grew up in Hastings, MN, but now call Buffalo, MN home.
I'm passionate about: my family. My family has helped make me who I am, & is the reason I continue to strive to be better. My husband teaches me to relax, laugh more and enjoy the moment. My kids teach me to love without caution, be empathetic and how to be silly.
If I wasn't a provider, I would: run a non-profit organization that would give grants to communities that want to work on local community issues.
I became a doctor to: help others, and because science is amazing! I wanted to be a doctor when I went to my first year of college. I volunteered in same-day surgery at the Allina Health hospital in Hastings that summer and knew that I wanted to do medicine.
One of the challenges of my career that I enjoy is: the large amount of things that I can see and do while keeping up to date on a lot of things. It means I can take care of many different people with many different concerns, and that no two days in clinic are ever really the same.
My personal health goal is to: commit to working out regularly & stick to it! It’s something I constantly am working on.
The best thing I’ve done for my health is: yoga! When I do yoga I just feel better.
I’m most proud of: my kids! They change so quickly & watching them grow up has been so rewarding.
Practice philosophy: People Matter. Patients, nurses, family. Everyone is different but everyone deserves the same high quality care & compassion.
- Family medicine
- Spending time with family and friends
- University of Minnesota Twin Cities/Duluth
- College of St. Benedict/ St. John’s University , St. Joseph, MN
- American Academy of Family Practice
- Minnesota Academy of Family Practice
- Grand Rapids Family Medicine Residency Program/ Michigan State University, Grand Rapids, MI
Years of experience
- Buffalo Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)