Alfredo Massa, MD
A referral may be needed for this provider.
- Addiction psychiatry
- Addiction treatment
- Dual diagnosis treatment (mental illness and addiction)
- Addiction prevention
I am most passionate about: Helping people make changes in their lives.
Why I became a psychiatrist: While I was going through my last months of Medical School, I realized that people tend not to listen to each other anymore. I remember spending extra time, after rounds, talking to the patients at a local hospital and realized that by doing that, they felt better and welcome. Those extra minutes became very valuable to them and to me. I think that people that are treated as human beings and not only “patients” feel better even when they are going through difficult times.
My personal health goals: Spend time with my family and grow with them. Take time for myself, and exercise my body and mind.
- Universidad San Martin de Porres
- American Psychiatric Association
- Peruvian College of Physicians
- Peruvian Air Force Hospital
- Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Yale University Medical School
Additional languages spoken
- Mercy Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.