Alfredo Massa, MD
A referral may be needed for this provider.
- Addiction psychiatry
- Addiction treatment
- Dual diagnosis treatment (mental illness and addiction)
- Addiction prevention
- Virtual visits
I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
I am most passionate about: Helping people make changes in their lives.
Why I became a psychiatrist: While I was going through my last months of Medical School, I realized that people tend not to listen to each other anymore. I remember spending extra time, after rounds, talking to the patients at a local hospital and realized that by doing that, they felt better and welcome. Those extra minutes became very valuable to them and to me. I think that people that are treated as human beings and not only “patients” feel better even when they are going through difficult times.
My personal health goals: Spend time with my family and grow with them. Take time for myself, and exercise my body and mind.
- Universidad San Martin de Porres
- American Psychiatric Association
- Peruvian College of Physicians
- Peruvian Air Force Hospital
- Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Yale University Medical School
Additional languages spoken
- Mercy Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)