Erich Gauger, MD
- Orthopedic surgery
- Upper extremity trauma, from shoulder to fingertips
- Surgical and non-surgical treatment of disorders of the hand, wrist, elbow
- Rheumatoid or other inflammatory arthritis of upper extremity
- Complex elbow reconstruction
- Arthroscopy of the upper extremity
- Joint replacement of the upper extremity
- Nerve repair and transfers
- Tendon repair and transfers
- Targeted muscle reinnervation
- Virtual visits
Erich Gauger, MD is an Orthopedic Surgeon at Allina Health Orthopedics Coon Rapids and St. Paul. He offers face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
To request an appointment, please complete this form or call a clinic location listed below.
“Anatomic problems with anatomic solutions” was how a mentor in medical school described orthopedic hand and upper extremity surgery. That lecture immediately drew me towards orthopedic surgery and since that time I have dedicated my career to understanding the normal anatomy and function of the upper extremity and the disorders that lead to pain and dysfunction. As my training progressed, it became increasingly obvious there is significant variation in the normal anatomy of the upper extremity. Like the variation in anatomy, I have found the same clinical condition can present differently in each patient. I strive to listen and understand every patient’s unique concerns and formulate an individualized treatment plan. I would be honored to evaluate and address your hand and upper extremity needs.
- Orthopedic surgery
Awards and recognitions
- 2019 Top Doctor in Minnesota Monthly magazine
- Downhill skiing
- College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA; BA, Biology
- Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- McGraw Medical Center of Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- University of Minnesota, MN; Orthopedic surgery
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN; Hand/Upper Extremity
- University of Minnesota/Regions Hospital; Orthopedic Research Fellow
- Mercy Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)