Karen Olson, AOCNP, CNP
- General oncology
- Virtual visits
- General hematology (blood and blood disorders)
- Cancer survivorship
I am a certified nurse practitioner specializing in hematology. My professional interests include general hematology, general oncology and survivorship. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Hometown: I grew up on a farm near Osage City, Kansas. I had the blessing of growing up around extended family and good neighbors.
What are you passionate about? I am passionate about my family, including our two grandchildren; hence the move to Minnesota. I love education and learning from others. I enjoy history, the arts, flower gardening, antiquing and did I mention my grandchildren?
If I wasn't a provider, I would be an organist because music feeds my soul and I love the challenge of using my hands, feet, eyes, ears and heart to create something beautiful (usually).
Why did you become a provider? I became a RN in the 1980s and shortly thereafter began thinking about furthering my education. I returned to graduate school after our children were grown and completed my Master's in Nursing in 2009 and Doctorate in Nursing Practice in 2015. Nursing has been a wonderful career, full of opportunities to learn and to develop caring relationships with many patients, families and colleagues.
What is your practice philosophy? Cancer care is a partnership between patients, families and providers. Being in the cancer journey with individuals during this vulnerable time is a privilege. My practice philosophy is to care for each person as I would want to be cared for. I am committed to professional excellence, easy access to care and enjoying the nuances which make every individual a unique being.
- Flower gardening
- Washburn University - Topeka, Kansas
- Emporia State University - Emporia, Kansas
- Newman Hospital School of Nursing - Emporia, Kansas
- Advanced Practitioner Society for Hematology and Oncology
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- American Nurses Association
- Capital Area Oncology Nursing Society
- Kansas Nurses Association
- Oncology Nursing Society
Current licenses and certifications
- Adult Nurse Practitioner Certification
- Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Minnesota CNP LIcense
- Minnesota RN License
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)