Karen Olson, AOCNP, CNP
- General oncology
- Virtual visits
- General hematology (blood and blood disorders)
- Cancer survivorship
I am a certified nurse practitioner specializing in hematology. My professional interests include general hematology, general oncology and survivorship. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Hometown: I grew up on a farm near Osage City, Kansas. I had the blessing of growing up around extended family and good neighbors.
What are you passionate about? I am passionate about my family, including our two grandchildren; hence the move to Minnesota. I love education and learning from others. I enjoy history, the arts, flower gardening, antiquing and did I mention my grandchildren?
If I wasn't a provider, I would be an organist because music feeds my soul and I love the challenge of using my hands, feet, eyes, ears and heart to create something beautiful (usually).
Why did you become a provider? I became a RN in the 1980s and shortly thereafter began thinking about furthering my education. I returned to graduate school after our children were grown and completed my Master's in Nursing in 2009 and Doctorate in Nursing Practice in 2015. Nursing has been a wonderful career, full of opportunities to learn and to develop caring relationships with many patients, families and colleagues.
What is your practice philosophy? Cancer care is a partnership between patients, families and providers. Being in the cancer journey with individuals during this vulnerable time is a privilege. My practice philosophy is to care for each person as I would want to be cared for. I am committed to professional excellence, easy access to care and enjoying the nuances which make every individual a unique being.
- Flower gardening
- Washburn University - Topeka, Kansas
- Emporia State University - Emporia, Kansas
- Newman Hospital School of Nursing - Emporia, Kansas
- Advanced Practitioner Society for Hematology and Oncology
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- American Nurses Association
- Capital Area Oncology Nursing Society
- Kansas Nurses Association
- Oncology Nursing Society
Current licenses and certifications
- Adult Nurse Practitioner Certification
- Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Minnesota CNP LIcense
- Minnesota RN License
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)