Ciara Stigen, PhD, LP
- Mood and anxiety disorders
- Emotional and interpersonal issues
- Resilience and mindfulness
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Cognitive therapy behavior
- Dialectic behavior therapy
My primary clinical orientation is cognitive behavioral, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT). My professional interests include recovery from trauma (including post-traumatic stress disorder), mood and anxiety disorders, emotional and interpersonal issues, and helping patients to build resilience and mindfulness.
Best part of my work: My best days involve making genuine connections with other people, helping them feel valued and understood. Whenever I am able to utilize my clinical skills to support and empower individuals as they navigate uncertain or difficult times, I feel satisfied and energized!
Why I became a provider: Nothing compares to that moment when a client says you made a difference for them, whether it's something large or small. I believe that effective healthcare greatly benefits from a mental health component, treating the whole person by offering them a safe place to share their story and gain support along the way, no matter what they are facing. Assisting others in this capacity feels like a privilege to me, and I try to bring a positive mindset to work each and every day.
- Discovering new music
- Home renovation projects
- Learning to garden
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Hamline University, St. Paul, Minnesota
- American Psychological Association
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- Association for Psychological Sciences
- International Society for the Improvement and Teaching of Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Mercy Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.