Ciara Stigen, PhD, LP
- Mood and anxiety disorders
- Emotional and interpersonal issues
- Resilience and mindfulness
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Cognitive therapy behavior
- Dialectic behavior therapy
- Virtual visits
My primary clinical orientation is cognitive behavioral, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT). My professional interests include recovery from trauma (including post-traumatic stress disorder), mood and anxiety disorders, emotional and interpersonal issues, and helping patients to build resilience and mindfulness. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Best part of my work: My best days involve making genuine connections with other people, helping them feel valued and understood. Whenever I am able to utilize my clinical skills to support and empower individuals as they navigate uncertain or difficult times, I feel satisfied and energized!
Why I became a provider: Nothing compares to that moment when a client says you made a difference for them, whether it's something large or small. I believe that effective healthcare greatly benefits from a mental health component, treating the whole person by offering them a safe place to share their story and gain support along the way, no matter what they are facing. Assisting others in this capacity feels like a privilege to me, and I try to bring a positive mindset to work each and every day.
- Discovering new music
- Home renovation projects
- Learning to garden
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Hamline University, St. Paul, Minnesota
- American Psychological Association
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- Association for Psychological Sciences
- International Society for the Improvement and Teaching of Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Mercy Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)