Joseph Bellamy, MD
- Orthopedic surgery
- Team physician for minnesota united fc soccer
- Fractures of the lower leg, foot and ankle
- Lower leg, foot and ankle conditions in patients 13 years and up
- Tendon injuries of the foot and ankle
- Sports injuries/sprains of the lower leg, foot and ankle
- Lisfranc injuries of the midfoot
- Achilles tendon injuries
- Osteoarthritis of the foot and ankle
- Cysts of the lower leg, foot and ankle
- Injections of the foot and ankle
Best part of my work or a patient visit: Orthopedic surgery is a field of medicine that deals with physical conditions that can be very debilitating to the patient. Through both non-operative and operative care, many of those conditions can often be improved allowing the patient to return to a better level of function and quality of life. Being able to work with the patient and the rest of the patient care team on improving that level of function is one of the more rewarding aspects of orthopedic surgery.
Favorite health tip: Do your best to keep your body moving. If injured, find ways to modify activity in order to stay active.
Practice Philosophy: Recovery from orthopedic injury is a team approach. In order to attain the best possible outcome, I strongly believe the patient must be involved in all aspects of the decision making and recovery process.
Why I became a physician/provider: I had known since a young age I wanted to be a physician; however, I initially worked as a certified athletic trainer after becoming interested in that field during college. Working as a certified athletic trainer provided me insight into the musculoskeletal system as well as the unique needs of athletes and ultimately peaked my interest in orthopedic surgery. I enjoy the team approach orthopedics uses to getting people back to activity.
Allina Health is the official orthopedic partner of Minnesota United FC professional soccer team. Dr. Bellamy serves as team physician, providing orthopedic care to MNUFC athletes.
- Orthopedic surgery
Years of experience
- United Hospital
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.