Trent Christensen, MD
- Sports medicine
- Sports injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Minimally invasive orthopedics/ non-surgical orthopedic care
- Tenex tenotomy
- Fracture management
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound evaluation and procedures
- Prp and stem cell therapy
- Sports-related concussions
- Degenerative arthritis management
- Virtual visits
Quality and effective medical care is best achieved through a combination of evidence-based, state-of-the-art medical treatment and strong doctor-patient relationships. A passion that was ignited during my time at Duke University is to always remain abreast with cutting-edge techniques and modalities that are supported by extensive research. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions. I also firmly believe that to best serve my patients I must collaborate with and engage them in all aspects of their treatment and care. My goal is to partner with my patients to get them back to enjoying the things they love, from throwing a fastball to weeding the garden.
Favorite health tip: An individualized weight-training program can positively impact all patients. The wide range of its benefits include preventing injuries, improving athletic performance, decreasing joint pain, sculpting physique, improving mental health, and combating osteoporosis (especially important for women).
Additional information: Former team physician, Duke University basketball, football and lacrosse. Former team physician, Elon University football. More than 20 sports medicine publications and national presentations. Former college football athlete.
I enjoy seeing patients return to the activities they enjoy doing, be it sports or pain-free activities of daily living. I became a physician because I've always loved playing sports and have received good medical care during my past injuries. I aspire to help people as I have been helped.
Honors and awards:
- 2020 Top Doctor in Minnesota Monthly magazine
- 2019 Top Doctor in Minnesota Monthly magazine
- Sports medicine
- University of North Dakota - Bachelor of Science
- University of Minnesota School of Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine
- American Medical Association
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians
- University of Minnesota Family Medicine
- Duke University Sports Medicine Fellowship
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)