James Bodnia, DO
Doctor of osteopathy
- Anxiety and mood disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
I am a board-certified psychiatrist with professional interests in ADHD, anxiety and mood disorders, autism, bipolar disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and schizophrenia
Hometown: Minneapolis, MN
Favorite health tip: Take a few moments each day to incorporate a mindfulness exercise. Regular practice can be empowering, allowing us to approach life's challenges in a clear-minded, calm and confident manner.
Practice philosophy: Identifying strengths in my patients to help promote positive growth, development and independence. Developing an individualized, evidence-based treatment plan that meets the unique needs of my patients and their families.
Best part of my patient visit: Having an opportunity to maximize a child's potential during a challenging time.
Additional info: Member of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, American Psychiatric Association, and American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Des Moines University-Osteopathic Medical Center, Des Moines, IA
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Psychiatric Association
- Member of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics: General Psychiatry Residency Internship, Iowa City, IA
Years of experience
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.