James Bodnia, DO
Doctor of osteopathy
- Anxiety and mood disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
I am a board-certified psychiatrist with professional interests in ADHD, anxiety and mood disorders, autism, bipolar disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and schizophrenia
Hometown: Minneapolis, MN
Favorite health tip: Take a few moments each day to incorporate a mindfulness exercise. Regular practice can be empowering, allowing us to approach life's challenges in a clear-minded, calm and confident manner.
Practice philosophy: Identifying strengths in my patients to help promote positive growth, development and independence. Developing an individualized, evidence-based treatment plan that meets the unique needs of my patients and their families.
Best part of my patient visit: Having an opportunity to maximize a child's potential during a challenging time.
Additional info: Member of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, American Psychiatric Association, and American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Des Moines University-Osteopathic Medical Center, Des Moines, IA
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Psychiatric Association
- Member of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics: General Psychiatry Residency Internship, Iowa City, IA
Years of experience
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)