Kristin Nierengarten, MA, OTR/l
- Occupational therapy
A referral may be needed for this provider.
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Parkinson's disease
- Visual rehabilitation
- Wheelchair seating and positioning
- Concussion rehabilitation
- Functional cognitive assessment and intervention
I am a therapist, an educator and advocate. I strive to provide the highest quality skilled care in a comfortable and laid-back setting, and to tailor my care as much as possible to the individual needs of each of the people I serve. I enjoy working with people to help them regain functional abilities to participate in previous roles they once enjoyed. I have been told I am very hard working and push people to their full potential at every session.
Why did you become a provider? When did you know this was the career for you?
I wanted to teach people what they are capable of no matter what life throws at them. I knew in college this was the career that I was meant to do.
What is something you have learned from your patients?
Gratitude and appreciation.
What is one of the challenges of this career you enjoy? And why?
Staying on top of my game! I appreciate learning from my students, patients and fellow therapists. I want to have the best skills, knowledge base and expertise within the areas that I work.
What is your personal health goal?
What is the best thing you've done for your health or the best health advice you've received?
Be gentle on yourself and take it one day at a time.
What are you most proud of?
My children. They are my world and keep me grounded and lighthearted.
What are a few of your personal achievements?
Graduating college, having children and buying my first house 2 years out of school. I am happy with my work achievements and satisfying my patients. Their successes are my successes.
- Occupational therapy
- Family activities
- Spending time at the cabin
- St Scholastica
Current licenses and certifications
- Minnesota occupational therapy license
- National Board Certification in Occupational Therapy
- Neuro IFRAH certified
- Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute-Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- Veterans Administration Medical Center - Minneapolis
Years of experience
- Mercy Hospital – Unity Campus
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)