Joel Giffin, DO
Doctor of osteopathy
- Family medicine
- Medically underserved patients
- Treatment of substance use disorders
- Care of chronic conditions
- Medical education
I enjoy working at a residency program, teaching medical students and residents. I am glad that we are able to provide care for our patients both in the clinic and at United Hospital. In my free time I enjoy riding my bike, going for walks with my wife, and doing home improvement projects.
Hometown: Marshfield, WI
Practice Philosophy: Identifying a patient's needs, and meeting them where they're at to find a solution to their concern.
Why I became a physician/provider: I enjoy science, I enjoy caring for others and learning their stories, and medicine provides the perfect combination of those interests.
What I tell friends and family: Pay attention to your body. Often, there are signs that it is time to make a change in our lives.
How I spend my free time: Spending time with friends and family, canoeing in the Boundary Waters, doing home improvement projects, cooking.
Favorite health tip: Eat more vegetables.
- Family medicine
Awards and recognitions
- 2021 Top Doctor Rising Star in Mpls. St. Paul Magazine
- West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
Current licenses and certifications
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Allina Health
- United Family Medicine
Years of experience
- United Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)