Anthony J. Bauer, OD
- Examination of eye
- Eye diseases
- Eye injuries
- Vision disorders
- Macular degeneration
I am a board-certified doctor of optometry with professional interests in routine eye exams for eye glasses and contact lenses, eye disease care, glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, eye infections, eye injuries, and binocular disorders. I see patients of all ages.
Hometown: Bloomington, MN
Best part of my work: Helping patients see, and maintaining healthy eyes.
Why I became an optometrist: I always wanted to be an eye doctor. I got my first pair of glasses in 6th Grade and my prescription got worse every year. I wanted to to understand what was going on.
What I tell my friends and family: Get regular eye exams.
How I spend my free time: I run every day and have run numerous marathons.
What patients say about me: I often hear that they have never had such a thorough eye exam.
Favorite health tip: Polarized sunglasses are great for outdoors. They cut down glare from the lake in the summer and from the snow in the winter.
Practice philosophy: Regular, comprehensive eye examinations are important to help you maintain good vision and eye health throughout your lifetime. I like to provide a thorough eye exam at a comfortable pace for the patient, and answer all questions.
- Church activities
- St Johns University, BS
- Illinois College of Optometry, OD
- American Optometric Association
- Minnesota Optometric Association
Current licenses and certifications
- Board-Certified, Optometry, Minnesota Board of Optometry
- Board-Certified, Topical Legend Drugs, Minnesota Board of Optometry
- Edward Hines, Jr Veterans Administration Hospital
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)