Kids, teens and young adults weight management program
You can learn about resources to help your child, teen or young adult to achieve a healthier weight through the Allina Health Kids, Teens & Young Adults Weight Management Program.
We work with you to help improve health and decrease weight-related health problems (such as diabetes, high blood pressure or other health problems).
You will have access to our team who help kids, teens and young adults everyday who are overweight or obese. The team includes:
- registered nurses
- physical therapists
About our kids weight loss program
The Allina Health Kids, Teens & Young Adults Weight Management Program might be helpful for you if you are age 25 or younger. We have worked with children as young as age 4 months.
This program might be right for you (or your child):
- patient is age 25 or younger
- full support from your family, who will participate in the program with the child, teenager or young adult
- body mass index of overweight or obese on child growth charts; OR over age 18 and your body mass index (BMI) is 30 or higher
- patient cannot be pregnant
What to expect from our kids weight loss program
When you call our office at 763-236-0940, we will mail you a health history form to complete and send back to us.
When we get this information back from you, we will call you to schedule an individual or group appointment, depending on your preference.
Kids weight loss program support
- Patients do better when family and caregivers are supportive and involved. We ask that you fully participate in the weight management program with your child, teen or young adult, when appropriate.
- For some kids, teens and young adults, working with the specialists in our program may include discussions about weight loss surgery. You and your family will work with our team to help find the right tools and resources to achieve healthier weight to improve health and quality of life.
- We will work with you and your insurance company to understand what services and care are covered.
Source: Deborah Vanderhall, RN, program manager, Allina Health Weight Management
Reviewed by: Charles Svendsen, MD, MBA, program medical director, Allina Health Weight Management
First published: 12/13/2017
Last reviewed: 12/11/2017