Jenny O'Malley, OD
- Contact Lenses
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Dry eye disease
- Pink eye
- Surgical co-management
- Urgent eye care
- Children's eye care
I am a licensed doctor of optometry. My professional interests include diabetes, glaucoma, dry eye disease, surgical co-management, pediatrics, contact lenses and urgent eye care (pink eye, scratches, injury).
Hometown: Oakdale, MN
Best part of my work: I enjoy helping people see more clearly and seeing improvement with all types of eye problems.
Why I became an optometrist: I have worn glasses since middle school. I started working as an optician early in college. Optometry was a good fit!
What I tell my friends and family: Eye exams are just as important as regular physicals. Most people should have a yearly eye exam.
How I spend my free time: Cooking, knitting, reading, traveling, spending time with family and friends.
What patients say about me: I'm often told that I listen and take the time to explain and answer questions.
Favorite health tip: Dark green leafy vegetables (think spinach!) are even better for your eye health than carrots!
- Pacific University College of Optometry
- American Optometric Association
- Minnesota Optometric Association
- Eyecare Association of Nevada
Years of experience
- Allina Health Faribault Medical Center
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)