Garrick Olsen, MD
- Family medicine
Not accepting new patients in this area.
- Wilderness medicine
- Travel Medicine
Read my Healthy Set Go articles:
I am board-certified in family medicine with professional interests in wilderness medicine, vasectomy, skin lesions and travel medicine.
Hometown: Goldens Bridge, NY
Specialties/focus: Family Medicine
Best part of my work: I enjoy following families over time and seeing patients improve their health.
How I spend my free time: Chasing after my two children, skiing, snowboarding, Land Rover repair and travel, and reading.
What my patients say about me: My patients appreciate how well I listen to them during their visits.
What I tell family and friends: If you won't wear a helmet, don't ride your bike; exercise is the true fountain of youth; and sleep is when you grow your brain and body.
Why I became a provider: I met doctors who couldn't communicate well and I wanted to do a better job of interacting with patients. I also enjoy the problem-solving and science aspects of medicine, and appreciate how the real life of a person interacts with that science. This led to my desire to care of the whole person.
Favorite health tip: Maintain a healthy weight.
- Family medicine
- New York Medical College
- American Academy of Family Physicians
Current licenses and certifications
- Academy of Wilderness Medicine (AWM)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- MN License
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- WI License
- United Family Health Center
- United Family Medicine Residency
- Wilderness Medicine Society Fellowship
Years of experience
Additional languages spoken
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)