Daniel S. Conrad, MD
- Cataract surgery
- Multifocal topic lens implants
I am a board-certified doctor of ophthalmology with professional interests in cataract surgery and multifocal topic lens implants. I hold additional certifications in VISX Excimer Laser, LASIK, Chiron, and LTK, Sunrise. I am a member of the Minnesota and American Academies of Ophthalmology.
Hometown: Boulder, CO
Best part of my work: Empowering patients to make choices about their care.
Why I became an ophthalmologist: It is an opportunity to use new technology to make a real difference in patients' lives.
What I tell my friends and family: Eat when hungry, sleep when tired, and take time to think.
How I spend my free time: Golfing or goofing around with family and friends.
What patients say about me: I speak with common sense and use examples they can understand.
Favorite health tip: The mind is the single most important part of health and healing.
Practice philosophy: 90% of the time a good history will tell us what's wrong, even in ophthalmology.
Honors and awards:
- 2019 Top Doctor in Mpls. St. Paul Magazine
- Family activities
- University of Colorado School of Medicine
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology
- St Joseph Hospital
- University of Oklahoma
Years of experience
- Mercy Hospital
- Phillips Eye Institute - a campus of Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- Mercy Hospital – Unity Campus
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)