Daniel S. Conrad, MD
- Cataract surgery
- Multifocal topic lens implants
Daniel Conrad, MD, is a board-certified doctor of ophthalmology with professional interests in cataract surgery and multifocal topic lens implants.
I hold additional certifications in VISX Excimer Laser, LASIK, Chiron, and LTK, Sunrise. I am a member of the Minnesota and American Academies of Ophthalmology.
Hometown: Boulder, CO
Best part of my work: Empowering patients to make choices about their care.
Why I became an ophthalmologist: It is an opportunity to use new technology to make a real difference in patients' lives.
What I tell my friends and family: Eat when hungry, sleep when tired, and take time to think.
How I spend my free time: Golfing or goofing around with family and friends.
What patients say about me: I speak with common sense and use examples they can understand.
Favorite health tip: The mind is the single most important part of health and healing.
Practice philosophy: 90% of the time a good history will tell us what's wrong, even in ophthalmology.
Awards and recognitions
- 2019, 2020, 2023 Mpls St. Paul Magazine Top Doctors
- Family activities
- University of Colorado School of Medicine
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology
- St Joseph Hospital
- University of Oklahoma
Years of experience
- Mercy Hospital
- Mercy Hospital – Unity Campus
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)