Michael Shapiro, MD
- Urologic Malignancy
- Prostate cancer
- kidney cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Erectile dysfunction
- Kidney stone disease
Providers in my care team:
Practice philosophy Particularly in urology, where there are often multiple "correct" treatment options, I find it paramount to connect with my patients to learn what their goals of treatment are, so I can offer treatments that best fit their needs. Once a treatment plan is selected, I work to ensure open lines of communication so my patients are informed throughout each step.
What are you passionate about and why? I'm passionate about the treatment of urologic cancers as well as more quality-of-life disease processes such as erectile dysfunction and BPH.
What is your personal health goal? Maintain the fortitude necessary to travel and enjoy retirement.
What is the best thing you've done for your health or the best health advice you've received? I've focused on making small, incremental changes in my overall diet and amount of cardio I incorporate into my day to day life to try and create lasting healthy habits.
- Board games
- Spending time with family
- University of Washington School of Medicine
- American Urologic Association
- SUNY at Buffalo General Surgery Internship
- SUNY at Buffalo Urology Residency
- United Hospital – Hastings Regina Campus
- United Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)