Josiah Goldammer, DO
Family Medicine Physician
- Family medicine
- Preventative Health
- Men's Health
- Knee/shoulder/elbow injections
- incision and drainage
- Laceration repair
- Lesion destruction/excision
- Simple fracture/strain/sprain management
- Selective osteopathic manipulative treatment
- Trigger point injections
Practice philosophy: To meet people where they are at in life and treat everyone fairly and with dignity.
What are you passionate about and why? Helping my patients thrive in whatever stage of life or health they may be in. Life if more than survival. We live when we thrive.
If you weren't a health care provider, what would you be? Optometrist or Pilot.
Why did you become a provider? When did you know this was the career for you? The son of a pastor and teacher, education and being of service to the community was strongly encouraged, and by eighth grade I had the goal of becoming a physician to help keep people healthy.
What is something you have learned from your patients? Everyone has a story to tell, and there is always something I can learn from that story that will help others and/or myself.
What is one of the challenges of this career you enjoy? And why? I enjoy the diversity of people and medical problems that are encompassed under the umbrella of Family Medicine. Diversity is the spice of life.
What is your personal health goal? Consistent maintenance of mind, body, and spirit.
What is the best thing you've done for your health or the best health advice you've received? Invest in mental and spiritual health as physical health ultimately fades.
What are you most proud of? My family.
- Family medicine
- Fly fishing
- Ice fishing
- My dogs
- Pheasant hunting
- Spending time with family
- West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
- Lonesome Pine Family Medicine Residency
Years of experience
- St. Francis Regional Medical Center
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)