Sarah Beckham, PsyD, LP
- Suicide risk assessment and mitigation
- Crisis Intervention
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- dialectical behavior therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Interpersonal Process
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Group and individual therapy modalities
Practice philosophy: I combine the use of a trauma-informed lens, science-backed interventions, cultural humility, and loving care to best meet my patients' needs.
What are you passionate about and why? I enjoy developing relationships with patients, providing education about their symptoms/diagnoses, and working alongside them to develop coping skills to build a life that they feel is worth living.
If you weren't a health care provider, what would you be? A research biologist or social worker.
What is one of the challenges of this career you enjoy? And why? When arriving to treatment, patients may be suicidal, feel stuck, lack energy, and doubt their lives will improve. I have observed the therapeutic relationship change lives.
- Minnesota School of Professional Psychology
Current licenses and certifications
- Licensed Psychologist
- Ramsey County Mental Health Center
- Canvas Health
Years of experience
- Mercy Hospital – Unity Campus
- Mercy Hospital
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)