Jaques Maxwell, MD
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Personality Disorders
Practice philosophy: Improving patient quality of life. Respecting patient autonomy. Providing safe and effective evidence based care.
What are you passionate about and why? Providing the best care for my patients, building strong relationships through cooperation and trust.
If you weren't a health care provider, what would you be? Software Engineer
Why did you become a provider? When did you know this was the career for you? I became a provider because I have always been interested in health specifically how our bodies and minds work.
What is something you have learned from your patients? Patients often have great insight into their conditions, listening carefully and understanding their experience crucial to providing good care.
What is one of the challenges of this career you enjoy? And why? Medicine is always evolving full of new discoveries and insights. Learning new skills and seeing them benefit patients is a great reward.
What is your personal health goal? Get 8 hrs of sleep every night
What is the best thing you've done for your health or the best health advice you've received? Good health requires active participation. We have a great team supporting us and we are in the drivers seat.
What are you most proud of? My family and my friendships.
What are a few of your personal achievements? Proudly served for 6 year in the Minnesota National Guard as a medic and 4 years in the US Army as a medical officer.
- University of Washington School of Medicine - Seattle, WA
- American Medical Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- Minnesota Medical Association
- Minnesota Psychiatric Association
Current licenses and certifications
- Minnesota Board of Medical Practice: Physician and Surgeon
- University of Minnesota Psychiatry Residency
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)