Nicholas Tobianski, MEd, MPAS
- Sports medicine
- Sports Medicine injuries and problems
- Acute injuries to major joints
- Concussion evaluation
- Major joint injections
- Taping, bracing, splitting/casting of injuries
- Return to play management
- Sports Physicals
Practice philosophy: Integrity first, service before self, excellence in all you do.
What are you passionate about and why? I am passionate about helping others get back to their activity or active lifestyle as quickly and safely as possible, regardless of age or previous ability. I am also passionate about helping high level athletes achieve their return to their sport safely.
If you weren't a health care provider, what would you be? Meteorologist, chef or dueling piano player
Why did you become a provider? When did you know this was the career for you? I have always been interested in medicine, and being and athlete growing up (and through many injuries), I have been interested in the field of sports medicine and orthopaedics since high school.
What is something you have learned from your patients? ALWAYS listen to you patients thoroughly and completely. They know themselves best.
What is one of the challenges of this career you enjoy? And why? We live a time where medicine is always changing and evolving. Keeping up with the latest medical techniques and care, especially in orthopaedics, is a welcomed challenge.
What is your personal health goal? Complete a marathon, and maybe an ultramarathon. Also, be the healthiest I can be for my family
What is the best thing you've done for your health or the best health advice you've received? Changed my lifestyle after all the medical education I have received, and I hope to be able to pass that information onto my patients
What are you most proud of? I am most proud of my wife and my family. I am very proud of my military service in the US Air Force.
What are a few of your personal achievements? Serving in the US Air Force, playing on Michigan Spirit Warriors (Veterans) hockey team, Working as an athletic trainer on the US Fencing Team. Being a great husband and cat dad.
- Sports medicine
- Family activities
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies- University of Detroit - Mercy, MI
- Master of Education with emphasis on Athletic Training - University of Virginia - Charlottesville, VA
- Undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Sports Medicine/Athletic Training - Central Michigan University - Mt Pleasant, MI
Current licenses and certifications
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
Additional languages spoken
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)