Michael Scheidt, OD, MPH
- Specialty contact lenses
- Glaucoma and corneal issues
- Treating dry eye
Practice philosophy: Helping my patients optimize their lives through better vision and health.
What are you passionate about and why? I'm passionate about helping my patients understand their vision and health in plain language to the best of my ability. It's so important that patients are able to put their health and decisions into their own understanding.
If you weren't a health care provider, what would you be? A ski bum.
Why did you become a provider? When did you know this was the career for you? I started looking at optometry as a career in high school, but in college changed to public health. Ultimately, I decided I like the direct patient care and made the move to go to optometry school.
What are you most proud of? I have two wonderful daughters and nothing beats coming home to their smiles and laughter.
- Spending time with family
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Minnesota Optometric Association
- Minnesota Eye Consultants Ocular Disease Residency
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)