Brita Hansen, MD
- Internal medicine
- Virtual visits
What is your practice philosophy? Everyone deserves care that is both evidence-based and appropriate and uniquely addresses their personal needs, values and life journey.
What are you passionate about? And why? Helping my patients achieve their best health possible no matter where they are in their life journey.
Why did you become a provider? When did you know this was the career for you? I love working so directly with people, solving problems together and helping them achieve the health goals that are most meaningful to them.
Something I have learned from my patients is: To “listen to the song beneath the words” or listen for the meaning that individuals ascribe to their health, symptoms and medical conditions.
One of the challenges of this career that I enjoy is (and why): When I am not working directly with patients, I work on population health initiatives which includes understanding social risks and structures, how these impact the health of populations and how we may address them at a wider population level. I believe that this work gives me unique perspectives to bring to my one-to-one interactions with my patients and understanding of how our wider lives and communities impact our personal health.
What is the best thing you’ve done for your health or the best health advice you’ve received? Prioritizing exercise and sleep.
- Internal medicine
- 1995-1999 New York University New York, NY, BA
- 1999-2003 University of Minnesota Medical School Minneapolis, MD
- 2003-2004 University of Minnesota School of Public Health Minneapolis, MN, Public Health Practice
- 2004-2007 Internal Medicine Residency Department of Internal Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN
- 2007-2008 Internal Medicine Chief Residency Department of Internal Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN
- 2013-2015 University of Saint Thomas, Opus College of Business Minneapolis, MN, Certified, Physician Leadership College
- 2019-2021 University of Saint Thomas, Opus College of Business Minneapolis, MN, MBA
Current licenses and certifications
- 2008 Board Certified, American Board of Internal Medicine, Physician
- 2008-present Minnesota Board of Medical Practice, Licensed Physician
- 2015 Board Certified, Clinical Informatics, American Board of Preventative Medicine
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.