Doreen "Maggie" McEvoy, MD
- Family medicine
- Chronic disease prevention
- Adult and well-child annual exams
- Acute illness and injury care
- Diabetes Mellitus, Non-Insulin-Dependent
- hypertensive disease
- Virtual visits
Doreen "Maggie" McEvoy, MD, is a board-certified physician specializing in family medicine.
Hometown: Coggon, Iowa
What is your practice philosophy? To treat my patients as I would like to be treated; with respect, mutual understanding, and looking at the whole person rather than focusing solely on a disease process.
What are you passionate about? I think it is critical that healthcare is delivered by a cohesive team of caring people. Patients and healthcare workers all have unique skills and experiences. Healthcare can be complicated, but we get the best results when everyone works together as a functional team.
If you weren't a provider, what would you be? An IT geek or luggage designer.
When did you know this was the career for you? I have known since childhood that I wanted to be a physician. Our family had a great female family medicine physician who was a terrific role model for me. She was intelligent, kind, and compassionate.
What is something you have learned from your patients? Ask questions, then LISTEN. Most patients have a theory about their symptoms they would like to discuss, but are sometimes hesitant to talk about it unless they are encouraged to name their concern.
What is your personal health goal? Get to and maintain a healthly BMI, eat healthier, stay physically active, and get adequate sleep.
What is the best thing you've done for your health? Eat my veggies. They fill me up before I opt to snack on carbs or salty foods, and help to prevent emotional eating.
- Family medicine
- University of Minnesota - Duluth and Twin Cities
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians
Current licenses and certifications
- State of MN Medical License, Federal DEA
- University of MN - Park Nicollet and Methodist Hospital
Years of experience
- New Ulm Medical Center
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)