Valerie Lemaine, MD, MPH
- Plastic surgery
- Prepectoral breast reconstruction
- Congenital breast reconstruction
- Eyelid lift
- Transgender breast surgery
- Breast augmentation, Lift and Reduction
- Male breast reduction (Gynecomastia)
- Body contouring, Mommy makeover
- Facial injectables (Botox and Fillers)
I am committed to elevate the standard of patient care and safety through my work as a plastic surgeon. I constantly strive for surgical excellence. My commitment to my patients is to offer individualized care that focuses on the whole person - both physically and emotionally.
As an artist, a woman and a surgeon, I am passionate about combining my artistic creativity, my aesthetic sensibilities and my anatomical knowledge when caring for my patients. My passion is to work with my patients to help them achieve beautiful, natural-looking results.
If I weren't a plastic surgeon I would have been a concert pianist and an architect.
After exploring music and nutrition, I decided to become a plastic surgeon. It allowed me to impact people's lives in a meaningful way while balancing my scientific and my artistic proclivities.
One thing I've learned from my patients is humility.
The best thing I've done for my health is adopting a plant-based diet, committing to a daily yoga practice. And smiling.
- Plastic surgery
- University of Montreal - Montreal, Canada
- Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University - New York, NY
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Centre Hospitalier de l'Universite de Montreal
- Plastic Surgery - Centre Hospitalier de l'Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
- Reconstructive Microsurgery Fellowship (2008) - Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- Clinical Research Fellowship (2009) - Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
Years of experience
Additional languages spoken
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- United Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)