Curt Schultz, DO
- Family medicine
Not accepting new patients in this area.
- Family medicine, adult
- Transgender hormone therapy
- Sports injuries
- Skin procedures
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV (prep)
- Virtual visits
I am a family medicine physician who sees patients 18 years and older. I have professional interests in LGBTQ+ medicine, including transgender hormone therapy; pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV (PrEP), sports injuries, and skin procedures. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Hometown: Spooner, WI
I knew I wanted to become a doctor when: I provided first aid to a man after witnessing him being hit by a taxi in New York City.
Something I've learned from my patients is: that our bodies rarely "read the textbook" and behave as expected, but if I listen to my patient they will tell me what is going on.
One of the challenges of this career that I enjoy is: the variety. No two days are the same, and I don't become bored. I get to learn something new every day.
My personal health goal is: to compete in a Spartan race.
The best health advice I've received is: to strive for progress, not perfection.
I'm most proud of: going to medical school in my 40s.
If I wasn't a provider, I would be: an astronaut.
Practice philosophy: I listen to my patients and always have a reason to provide the appropriate care or service.
- Family medicine
- Being outdoors
- Home renovation projects
- University of Minnesota Family Residency Program - Mankato, Minnesota
- Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences
- University of Minnesota - Minneapolis, Minnesota
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Medical Association
- Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians
Current licenses and certifications
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)