Curt Schultz, DO
- Family medicine
- Transgender hormone therapy
- Sports injuries
- Skin procedures
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV (prep)
- Virtual visits
I am a family medicine physician who sees patients 18 years and older. I have professional interests in LGBTQ+ medicine, including transgender hormone therapy; pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV (PrEP), sports injuries, and skin procedures. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Hometown: Spooner, WI
I knew I wanted to become a doctor when: I provided first aid to a man after witnessing him being hit by a taxi in New York City.
Something I've learned from my patients is: that our bodies rarely "read the textbook" and behave as expected, but if I listen to my patient they will tell me what is going on.
One of the challenges of this career that I enjoy is: the variety. No two days are the same, and I don't become bored. I get to learn something new every day.
My personal health goal is: to compete in a Spartan race.
The best health advice I've received is: to strive for progress, not perfection.
I'm most proud of: going to medical school in my 40s.
If I wasn't a provider, I would be: an astronaut.
Practice philosophy: I listen to my patients and always have a reason to provide the appropriate care or service.
- Family medicine
- Being outdoors
- Home renovation projects
- University of Minnesota Family Residency Program - Mankato, Minnesota
- Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences
- University of Minnesota - Minneapolis, Minnesota
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Medical Association
- Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians
Current licenses and certifications
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)