Julie Carson, PA-C
- Hair loss in women of color
- Skin cancer
- Virtual visits
I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
What are you passionate about and why: My passions are travel, photography, art quilting, baking and fine dining. The ability to travel and experience different cultures through their visual and culinary traditions have added so much to my life.
If I wasn't a provider, I would...probably own a bakery. I love the process and methodology of baking and working with my hands.
Why did you become a provider? When did you know this was the career for you? My interest in becoming a provider started during my undergraduate years. I worked in assisted living facilities with Alzheimer's patients. It was incredibly hard but satisfying work. This experience and my gross anatomy class were my catalysts.
One of the challenges of this career that I enjoy is (and why): I enjoy the challenge of connecting with my patients and taking the time to make sure that each patient feels heard. Skin problems can be so complex and to be able to support each patient in their journey is gratifying.
My personal health goal is: I would like to start competing in cyclocross and to complete the five levels of testing for Thai boxing.
- Colorado State University - Fort Collins, Colorado
- Duke University Physician Assistant Program - Durham, North Carolina
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants
Current licenses and certifications
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)