Samy Maklad, MD
- General surgery
- Trauma/emergency general surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Robotic ventral/inguinal hernia
- Robotic hiatal/paraesophageal hernia
- Robotic gastric /stomach surgery
- Pancreatic tumors, spleen
- Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery
- Intestinal surgeries
- Upper endoscopy and colonoscopy
- Robotic surgery
I am a board-certified general surgeon practicing at Allina Health's Mercy Hospital and specializing in in general surgery, trauma surgery and emergency general surgery. My professional interests include minimally invasive robotic surgery, robotic ventral/inguinal hernia, stomach surgery, colon surgery, pancreatic tumors, laparoscopic gallbladder surgery, intestinal surgeries, and upper endoscopy and colonoscopy.
Hometown: Woodbury, MN
Best part of my work: helping patients that are very ill and sick, and seeing them recover and do well after surgery. Knowing that you helped someone is the best feeling in the world.
Favorite health tip: Having a good relationship with your primary care doctor is key to health maintenance and prevention.
Personal interests: Biking, basketball and spending time with family.
- General surgery
- Family activities
- University of Minnesota
- University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine
- General Surgery Residency; University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
Years of experience
- Mercy Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)