Lana Abboud, PsyD, LP
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing
- Emotional freedom technique
Lana Abboud, PsyD, LP, MA, MAc, LAc, is a psychologist and acupuncturist who provides a holistic approach to health, well-being and optimal functioning.
Her education, practice and healing philosophy are grounded in the idea of the power of the mind-body connection, the brain's plasticity and the need for a comprehensive approach to healing and trauma resolution that addresses the mind, body and spirit.
Abboud served as a lead acupuncturist in the Mayo Clinic’s Integrative Medicine department from 2007-2011, providing thousands of treatments to assist patients with complex physical and psychological challenges, chronic pain, terminal illness, and both acute and chronic medical conditions. She is certified in clinical hypnosis by the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis, and has level II training in both Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) and Brainspotting. She uses these therapies to help harness resiliency.
Abboud received a bachelor's degree in neuroscience and psychology from Macalester College, a master's degree in acupuncture from the Minnesota School of Acupuncture/Oriental Medicine, and a master's degree and a doctor of psychology from the Minnesota School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University. She participated in a post-doctoral fellowship at the Boulder Institute of Psychotherapy and Research, with an emphasis on trauma (including Posttraumatic Stress Disorder) and attachment.
- Family activities
- Macalester College
- Minnesota School of Acupuncture/Oriental Medicine
- Minnesota School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University
- American Psychological Association
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Minnesota Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Minnesota Psychological Association
- Minnesota Society of Clinical Hypnosis
Current licenses and certifications
- Certification in Clinical Hypnosis, The American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Doctor of psychology
- Licensed Acupuncturist (LAc)
- Licensed Psychologist (LP)
- Neighborhood Involvement Program/Rape Sexual Assault Center
- Boulder Institute of Psychotherapy and Research
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.