John G. Heyen, OD
- Examination of eye
- Eye doctors
I am a board-certified optometrist with professional interests in primary eye care practice, including adult and pediatric comprehensive eye examinations, glaucoma care and acute/urgent eye care.
Hometown: Fergus Falls, MN
Best part of my work: Helping people see the best they can.
How I spend my free time: Family activities, outdoors, boating, woodworking.
Favorite health tip: The wearing of sunglasses (or other U.V. protection) is the best way to keep your eyes healthy.
Practice philosophy: I believe that establishing strong relationships between patients and health care providers is key to providing excellent care. Health care providers should not only provide a thorough examination during each patient visit, they should also spend time carefully listening to their patients and offer easily understandable explanations and treatment options.
- Family activities
- Southern California College of Optometry
- American Optometric Association
- Minnesota Optometric Association
Current licenses and certifications
- Board-Certified, Optometry, State of Minnesota, Board of Optometry
- Brentwood Veterans Administration Center
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)