Preventing Diabetes - Integrative Nutrition Group Education - Virtual Class
Research tells us that 80% of diabetes cases are preventable with the right lifestyle changes. In this group class led by integrative nutritionists from the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing, you will take a 360-degree look at your lifestyle and create an integrative action plan for diabetes prevention.
This course is designed to help people with prediabetes, high insulin or elevated blood sugar levels to understand their lab values and begin healing, with education and support for:
- Eating a whole-foods diet
- Supporting key nutrients
- Managing stress
- Moving your body intentionally
- Improving gut health
Consider enrolling if you:
- Have a diagnosis of prediabetes, hyperinsulinemia, or metabolic syndrome
- Are ready to explore lifestyle changes
- Desire a supportive group setting
Good to know
- The full Preventing Diabetes program includes a series of three 90-minute classes.
- Class and series dates vary. Please reference the "view schedule" tab for the next available series start date or call the Customer Experience Center.
- Classes 1, 2 and 3 are held in consecutive weeks
- We recommend registering for all three classes of the series. If you are unable to register for all three at the same time, or don't wish to take the whole series, you can register for the second and third classes at a later time
Class Materials and Handouts
- Cardiometabolic Food Plan - Comprehensive Guide
- Cardiometabolic Food Plan - Basic
- Cardiometabolic Food Plan - Weekly
- Mediterranean Diet Pyramid
For information and to register
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE CENTER (CEC)
Phone: 612-863-3333 Phone: 612-863-3333
PLEASE CONTACT YOUR MEMBER SERVICES
- Some insurance plans may cover the cost of group nutrition education. The following CPT codes are billed: 97804
- If your insurance doesn’t cover these codes, you can decide to prompt pay*: $75 for the series
* Prompt pay means that you pay directly for the services in full and charges are not billed to insurance. The amount we charge you is a discounted rate. If you prefer not to use prompt-pay, we will submit a claim to your insurance for the full, non-discounted rate. You will receive a bill for any out-of-pocket costs after your insurance benefits have been applied or for the full cost if the service is not covered under your plan.