Tobacco intervention services
Tobacco Intervention services
It is hard to quit smoking on your own. Tobacco users have a much better chance of quitting with support.
When you decide to become nicotine-free, our face-to-face tobacco intervention program gives you the tools, resources and support you need.
We’ll help you:
- Develop skills to handle mental and physical addiction to nicotine.
- Address your social, emotional, habitual and spiritual habits associated with tobacco use.
- Learn about nicotine replacement and other quit aids.
- Learn about tobacco dependence and how it affects your body.
- Discover what your life will look like without tobacco.
- Develop an individual quit plan tailored to your goals and lifestyle.
Insurance coverage: We recommend that you contact your insurance provider to see if this service is covered.
Retail Cost: If you do not have insurance coverage our cost is $100, which includes five treatment sessions.
What it is
The Tobacco Intervention program combines numerous approaches that target the fears and problems you may have when quitting. We will help you find a quitting method that suits your needs and offer you tools to cope with challenges that may come up while you’re trying to quit.
What to expect
- To be met where you’re at in the quitting process without pressure and with acceptance.
- Counseling to address social, emotional, habitual and spiritual habits associated with tobacco use.
- Help to discover what your life will look like without tobacco to make the transition easier.
- A discussion about nicotine replacement and medication options, and determination of the best quit aid, if any, for you.
- To receive an individual quit plan tailored to your goals and lifestyle.
Current patients who are tobacco users or who have quit within the last 12 months can expect a visit from a certified tobacco treatment specialist. This specialist will ensure that you’re comfortable during your hospital stay. Nicotine replacement can typically be provided if you’re experiencing withdrawal symptoms during your time in the hospital.
During the outpatient program, you can expect three visits with a certified tobacco treatment specialist. These visits typically include:
- Initial consultation (about one hour)
- First follow-up within 3-7 days of targeted quit date – or as needed
- Second follow-up within 2-4 weeks from targeted quit date – or as needed
Additional follow-ups as needed or desired
Good to know
It is recommended that you contact your insurance provider to see if this service will be covered.
A physician’s referral is required for the outpatient program.
Source: River Falls Area Hospital
Reviewed by: Meghan Graham
Last reviewed: 8/1/2019