About this service
What it is
In this outpatient proceduere, two connected balloons filled with salt water are placed inside your stomach for six months. In this 12 month program, Allina Health Weight Management experts provide you with guidance, education and motivation for the support you need to create permanent lifestyle changes. The balloons are removed after six months.
What to expect
- This is a self-pay procedure not covered by insurance.
- Results and patient experience may vary.
Good to know
This procedure might be right for you if
- Your body mass index (BMI) is between 30 and 40, and you also have a medical condition (such as diabetes or high blood pressure).
- No previous weight loss procedures or surgeries.
- You are willing to make healthy, lasting lifestyle changes to support your weight loss.
Source: Deborah Vanderhall, RN, program manager, Allina Health Weight Management
Reviewed by: Jayson Dock, MD, Allina Health Weight Management
First published: 10/11/2017
Last reviewed: 10/6/2017