Elizabeth Koffel, MD
- Internal medicine
Not accepting new patients in this area.
- Chronic medical conditions
- Preventative health care
- High blood pressure
- Virtual visits
- Pre-exposure HIV prophylaxis
- Hormone replacement therapy
- LGBTQ health
Dr. Elizabeth Koffel is board-certified in internal medicine and has special interests in preventive health care, treating chronic medical conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure. She is also conversational in Spanish.
I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Hometown: New Hope, MN
Best part of my work or patient visit: Truly connecting with a patient and understanding their individual needs.
Why I became a physician: When I was 15, I was fortunate enough to visit an impoverished area of Bolivia, where I was able to work alongside a nurse and I loved it. It changed my life.
What I tell my friends and family: Listen to what your body is telling you. Oftentimes your body warns you of things like injury or stress before symptoms or illnesses are present.
How I spend my free time: Trying new recipes, salsa dancing, traveling, spending time with friends and family and fun house projects.
What patients say about me: I explain things well and enjoy educating my patients.
Favorite health tip: Being active is much easier with a friend to help keep you motivated.
Practice philosophy: It is important to foster a relationship that allows a patient to grow and make healthy lifestyle decisions.
- Internal medicine
Awards and recognitions
- 2018 Top Doctor Rising Star in Mpls. St. Paul Magazine
- University of Minnesota Medical School
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
Current licenses and certifications
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- Minnesota Medical License
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital Internal Medicine Residency
Years of experience
Additional languages spoken
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)