June E. Van Valkenburg, CNP
Certified nurse practitioner
- Internal medicine
Not accepting new patients in this area.
- Diabetes mellitus
- Women's health
- Diabetes management
- Virtual visits
I am a certified adult-gerontology nurse practitioner with a specialty in advanced diabetes management. My professional interests include women’s health, diabetes, geriatrics and travel health. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Hometown: Grand Forks, ND
Best part of my work: Getting to know my patients and helping them achieve success in meeting their health goals.
Why I became a nurse practitioner: I love working with people. My mother was a nurse and two of my daughters are nurses / nurse practitioners.
What I tell my friends and family: Protect your health by developing and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
How I spend my free time: Spending time with my husband and three daughters, running with my dog, biking, reading, gardening, traveling, international medical missions.
What patients say about me: I take time to listen and consider the whole person.
Practice philosophy: I provide individualized, timely health care to help each patient achieve their optimal health status. I strive to be easily accessible to my patients.
- Internal medicine
- Family activities
- University of Minnesota, MPH
- University of North Dakota, BSN
Current licenses and certifications
- Board-Certified, Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, American Nurses Credentialing Ce
- Board-Certified, Advanced Diabetes Management, American Association of Diabetes Educators
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
Major health plans we participate in
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we participate in
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)