Charles M. Yancey, MD, PhD
- Lens implantation, intraocular
- Refractive surgery (lasik, prk)
- Intraocular lenses (multifocal, astigmatism-c
Dr. Charles (Chuck) Yancey grew up in Libertyville, a small town north of Chicago. The youngest of seven children, he attended Northwestern University with the help of an Evans Scholarship. It was here that he met his future wife Kitty, a Minnesotan, who of course wanted to return to the land of 10,000 Lakes to raise a family. Both Dr. Yancey and his wife attended Northwestern’s medical school, she as a physical therapist and he in the prestigious MD/PhD program.
After graduating from medical school, they started their ascent north to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, where Dr. Yancey did his ophthalmology residency.
Dr. Yancey started practicing in the Twin Cities in 1993, and established his practice in Buffalo in 1994. He has been involved in the growth of Buffalo Hospital, acting as chief of surgery and as chief of the medical staff.
Dr. Yancey has traveled to Mombin-Crochu, Haiti to do cataract and glaucoma surgery. He also taught local doctors how to treat basic eye diseases.
- Volunteer work
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology
Current licenses and certifications
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Mayo Clinic
- Mayo Clinic
Years of experience
Additional languages spoken
- Abbott Northwestern – WestHealth
- Buffalo Hospital
- Phillips Eye Institute - a campus of Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.