Sarah Addicks, PhD, LP
- Chronic pain management
- Chronic pain
- Health Psychology
- Adjustment to disability and chronic illness
- Caregiver stress
- Mood and anxiety disorders
- LGBTQ health
- Virtual visits
Sarah Addicks, PhD, LP is a psychologist at Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute in Stillwater, MN.
What is your practice philosophy? All pain is real. I help patients with chronic pain, neurological problems, and related mental health conditions to improve their quality of life and overall functioning. It takes a lot of courage and strength to seek out psychotherapy and I am privileged to be a part of my patients’ journeys towards healing. My approach to therapy is collaborative, individualized, evidence-based, and compassionate.
Hometown: Rochester, MN
What are you passionate about? And why? I am passionate about providing an inclusive space for all patients, including those in the LGBTQ community.
Something I have learned from my patients is: I have learned that people with chronic pain and other chronic health conditions are resilient and strong.
One of the challenges of this career that I enjoy is (and why): I enjoy the challenge of helping patients with chronic pain connect with their values and reclaim the quality of life they deserve.
My personal health goal is: My personal health goals are to laugh daily, limit screen time, and practice gratitude.
What is the best thing you’ve done for your health or the best health advice you’ve received? The best thing I’ve done for my health is becoming a dog parent! My two rescue pups keep me walking even on the coldest of Minnesota days.
- Chronic pain management
- Lake activities
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
- Master of Public Health, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
- Master of Science, Psychology, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
- Bachelor of Arts, New York University, New York, NY
- Primary Care Behavioral Health Fellowship, Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Minnesota
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)