Katie Williams, PA-C
- Sports medicine
- Total joint reconstruction
- Joint injections
Katie Williams, PA-C specializes in orthopedics and sports medicine at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis, MN and WestHealth in Plymouth, MN.
What is your practice philosophy? Get to know and connect with a patient about their fears, concerns, hopes and expectations for medical care. I enjoy educating patients about orthopedic injuries and ailments and develop a treatment plan according to their lifestyle and goals.
Hometown: Fridley, MN
What are you passionate about? And why? Physical activity and health, helping a person to become the best version of themselves
If I wasn’t a provider, I would be a: yoga instructor
Why did you become a provider? When did you know this was the career for you? I’ve always enjoyed science, the process of medicine, the challenge and complexity of the human body, the nature of injuries and our amazing ability to heal.
Something I have learned from my patients is: Everyone has a different perspective on life, different goals, dreams, and values that reflect what’s important to them.
One of the challenges of this career that I enjoy is: I have never met two patients that are the same or experience health issues the same way. It constantly teaches me a new approach to my discipline, stretches my comfort level and expands my ability to think and problem solve.
My personal health goal is: To remain active and be respectful of my body, and to teach my children to make healthy choices and find ways they enjoy moving.
What are you most proud of? My continued drive and ambition to move forward, better myself, strive to learn more and be true to myself to live my fullest life.
- Sports medicine
- Spending time with my kids
- Master of Science: Health Sciences, Duke University, Durham, NC
- Bachelor of Science: Biology, College of St. Scholastica, Duluth, MN
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Minnesota Academy of Physician Assistants
Current licenses and certifications
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Physician Assistant
Years of experience
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- Abbott Northwestern – WestHealth
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)