Erik Lund, MD
Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon
- Orthopedic surgery
- Fractures of upper extremity
- Fractures of lower extremity
- Fractures of involving a joint surface
- Fractures of pelvis/acetabulum
- Fracture nonunions (not healed)
- Fracture malunions (poorly healed, angled, short, or crooked)
- Osteomyelitis (bone infection)
Erik Lund, MD is an orthopedic trauma surgeon at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis, MN.
To request an appointment, please complete this form or call a clinic location listed below.
What is your practice philosophy? To provide every individual patient with the utmost compassionate care, as if they were my own family member. To restore function, reduce pain, and improve quality of life as close to pre-injury level as possible. Whether you break your wrist, elbow, shoulder, pelvis, hip, knee, or ankle; or had a previous surgery but still want to recover more.
Hometown: Minneapolis, MN
What are you passionate about? Orthopaedic Trauma, my family, and HOCKEY! I grew up like many Minnesotan children, on the pond playing hockey endlessly. Once I realized college was where my competitive hockey career ended, I translated that passion into medicine, and eventually specifically into Orthopaedic Trauma. My patients sustain significant injuries that dramatically alter their lives. I find great challenge and joy in joining and facilitating their recovery.
If I wasn’t a provider, I would be a: Either a teacher/coach in science and hockey. Or as a small business owner in home construction/carpentry.
Why did you become a provider? My older sister served as an awesome role model throughout adolescence and early adulthood. In the classroom, in athletics, then college and medical school. We shared similar personalities, and I witnessed her work ethic and compassion for others flourish in medicine. While in medical school, I discovered what a fulfilling career Orthopaedics offered. Orthopaedic Trauma, inherently serves patients in times of significant need.
Something I have learned from my patients is: The patient will guide the provider to the diagnosis and treatment in a powerful way that I appreciate more and more every day I spend in the hospital and clinic.
- Orthopedic surgery
- Spending time with family
- University of Minnesota Medical School (Minneapolis, MN) – Doctor of Medicine
- Amherst College (Amherst, MA) – Bachelor of Arts
- University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics (Madison, WI)
- Florida Orthopaedic Institute (Tampa, FL)
Years of experience
Additional languages spoken
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)