Joyce Tarbet, MD, FRCS
- Orthopedic surgery
- Rotator cuff repair
- Shoulder and knee arthroplasty
- Arthroscopy and sports medicine
- Shoulder and knee ligament reconstruction
- Trauma and fracture care
Joyce Tarbet, MD, FRCSC is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon in New Ulm, MN.
Hometown: Montreal, Canada.
Practice Philosophy: Providing respectful and compassionate care. Treating patients like family members and friends as we are all neighbors and community members.
What are you passionate about and why? Helping patients return to their desired level of activity whether an elite athlete trying to return to their previous level of competition, or an elderly patient wishing to return to gardening or maintain their independence.
If you weren't a health care provider, what would you be? Lawyer
Why did you become a provider? When did you know this was the career for you? I loved and played many sports growing up so sports medicine and orthopedic surgery were an easy choice.
What is something you have learned from your patients? The positive impact orthopedic care can provide - I will always remember a patient thanking me for "giving her her life back".
What are you most proud of? The privilege of being a member of the United States Soccer Federation and the honor of becoming the Head Team Physician for the United States Women's National Soccer Team.
What are a few of your personal achievements?
1. Team Physician US Women's Soccer
2. Team Physician Chicago Fire, MLS
3. 2 Division I Schools
4. FIFA Women's World Cup, Medical Director 1999
5. FIFA Men's World Cup, Doping Control ,1994
- Orthopedic surgery
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Member of the American College of Sports Medicine; Physician Member American Board of Quality Assura
Current licenses and certifications
- Certified in Orthopedic Surgery by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Licensed Member of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Licensed Physician and Surgeon: State of Illinois and Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
- General Surgery, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- Orthopedic Surgery, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
Years of experience
- New Ulm Medical Center
Are you this provider? Update your profile.