Karen Golombecki, PsyD, LP
- Rehabilitation psychology
- Brain injury
- Chronic medical conditions
- Virtual visits
I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Hometown: St. Cloud, Minn.
Practice philosophy: To support my patients in moving through the stages of adjustment to life-changing events; from just surviving to healing to thriving!
I am passionate about supporting people to thrive in life despite detours and roadblocks.
If I wasn't a psychologist I'd be a sign language interpreter because I love the beautiful visual language and communicating with others.
One of the challenges of my career that I enjoy is staying up to speed on new developments, technology and research. So many of which can help people with medical issues and disabilities thrive and live life to the fullest.
My personal health goal is to roller skate a full marathon distance and to become an adaptive/inclusive personal trainer for people with ability differences.
The best thing I've done for my health is to develop and follow a wellness routine that focuses on my physical, mental and spiritual health, and relationships. A balance between all of which is key.
- Christmas music
- Disc golf
- Roller derby refereeing
- Doctor of Psychology, University of St. Thomas
- MS degree, Community Psychology and Rehabilitation Counseling, St. Cloud State University
- Bachelor's Degree, Special Education and Social Services, St. Cloud State University
- American Psychological Association Division on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- American Psychological Association Health Psychology Division
- American Psychological Association Neuropsychology Division
- American Psychological Association Rehabilitation Psychology Division
Current licenses and certifications
- Licensed Psychologist, State of Minnesota
Years of experience
- Mercy Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)