Brent Furomoto, DO
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Family medicine
- Adolescent Medicine
- Behavioral Medicine
- Psychosocial medicine
- Virtual visits
I am a family medicine Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine with special interests in adolescent medicine, behavioral medicine and psychosocial medicine. I offer face-to-face virtual visits for a variety of health services and conditions.
Hometown: Mililani, HI
Practice philosophy: Providing tailored care to each individual requires knowing the many aspects of ones life. I approach patients by getting to know the individual, their families, and what there are most passionate about in life.
I am passionate about: working with adolescents as it is an exciting time of significant change and stress in one’s life where interventions to prevent further health and psychiatric issues can have a great impact on the individual’s future.
I knew I wanted to become a physician: ever since I was in first grade. I enjoy working with people and helping others become the best they can be and get the most out of life.
One challenge of this career that I enjoy is: motivating patients to care about their health has been the most challenging and rewarding things about medicine. Learning about patients on a deeper level allows me to tailor my approach so we can meet the same goals.
My personal health goal is: to try to live in the moment.
I am most proud of: advocating change within my health organization and community for which I work.
- Family medicine
Awards and recognitions
- Exploring the great outdoors
- Spoiling my two dogs
- Storm chasing
- Indiana University
- Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
- Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- American Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
Current licenses and certifications
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Adena Health System
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)