Brent Furomoto, DO
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Family medicine
- Adolescent Medicine
- Behavioral Medicine
- Psychosocial medicine
I am a family medicine Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine with special interests in adolescent medicine, behavioral medicine and psychosocial medicine.
Hometown: Mililani, HI
Practice philosophy: Providing tailored care to each individual requires knowing the many aspects of ones life. I approach patients by getting to know the individual, their families, and what there are most passionate about in life.
I am passionate about: working with adolescents as it is an exciting time of significant change and stress in one’s life where interventions to prevent further health and psychiatric issues can have a great impact on the individual’s future.
I knew I wanted to become a physician: ever since I was in first grade. I enjoy working with people and helping others become the best they can be and get the most out of life.
One challenge of this career that I enjoy is: motivating patients to care about their health has been the most challenging and rewarding things about medicine. Learning about patients on a deeper level allows me to tailor my approach so we can meet the same goals.
My personal health goal is: to try to live in the moment.
I am most proud of: advocating change within my health organization and community for which I work.
- Family medicine
- Exploring the great outdoors
- Spoiling my two dogs
- Storm chasing
- Indiana University
- Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
- Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- American Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
Current licenses and certifications
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Adena Health System
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.