Samuel V. Hanson Willis, MD
- Family medicine
Not accepting new patients in this area.
- Primary care
- Preventive care
- Pediatric care
- LGBTQ health
- Transgender hormone therapy
- Attention deficit treatment
- Virtual visits
Currently not accepting appointments.
Three Allina Clinics in the Uptown area with wonderful, caring doctors who can continue your care during Dr. Hanson Willis’ leave. Our electronic health record will allow for a seamless transition of your health information.
• Dominic Decker, MD, MS, Internal Medicine, Uptown
• Margaret Funk, MD, Family Medicine, Greenway
• Nicole Sheehan, DO, Family Medicine, Greenway
• Veeti Tandon, MD, Internal Medicine, Greenway/ Uptown
My practice philosophy is to help guide my patients toward health. I aim to understand my patients and to help them understand their health. That includes talking about mental and emotional health and how it connects to physical health.
What are you passionate about? Treating others as I'd like to be treated. Probably the fact that I am gay has influenced my outlook in this way.
If I wasn't a provider, I would be an artist and/or a teacher (probably high school science teacher). My mom, dad, mother's mother, and father's father were all teachers. I think it's in my genes.
Why did you become a provider? I am drawn to helping people live enjoyable, meaningful and fulfilling lives, and be true to themselves.
Something I've learned from my patients is that change is difficult. Also, I have grey hair, and apparently a lot of it, not just a few here and there!
One of the career challenges I enjoy is finding the underlying cause of a person's reason for a visit, which is not always clear. The journey to understand helps me be a better listener and hopefully a better doctor.
Hometown: Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- Family medicine
- Learning new languages
- Outdoor activities
- Macalester College
- Penn State College of Medicine
Current licenses and certifications
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association Member
- Crozer Keystone Family Medicine Residency
Years of experience
Additional languages spoken
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)