Brian Palmer, MD, MPH
- Acute inpatient psychiatry
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Suicide prevention
- Mood Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
I am a psychiatrist with professional interests in acute inpatient psychiatry, borderline personality disorder, suicide prevention, mood disorders and psychotic disorders.
Practice philosophy: Patients are doing the best they can. My role is to lead a team of people that see the patient as a person, meet them where they’re at, and offer them the best possible treatment. Treatment should be individually tailored and based on the medical evidence.
- Walking my dog
- Drake University, Des Moines, IA
- University of Wisconsin, Whitewater
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
- Mayo Medical School, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
Current licenses and certifications
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Massachusetts General Hospital/Newton Wellesley Hospital, Boston
- Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital, Boston
Years of experience
- Mercy Hospital – Unity Campus
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)