Efrat Hedges Eichenbaum, PhD, LP
A referral may be needed for this provider.
- Pain psychology
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Mindfulness-based therapy
- Evidence-based treatment for mood disorders and problems related to trauma
- Presurgical psychological screening for spinal cord stimulation
- Chronic health conditions and disabilities
I am a fellowship-trained rehabilitation psychologist, which means I specialize in working with individuals with chronic health conditions or disability (chronic pain, traumatic brain injury, smoking, insomnia, spinal cord injury, amputation). I am an Empowered Relief™ certified instructor.
I am also interested in psychological assessment. At United Pain Center, I provide pre-surgical psychological screenings for spinal cord stimulation candidates.
I use empirically-supported practices (approaches that have been proven by research to be effective) because they provide the best chance for recovery. I most often use cognitive behavioral and mindfulness-based therapies. I look forward to working with you!
Practice philosophy: My work is guided by the recovery model, so I believe that: 1. It is possible to recover from the disabling effects of chronic pain, and 2. The most effective recovery is directed by you, the patient.
My personal health goal is to: Walk or bike for at least 30 minutes, two to three times a week.
Personal interests: In my free time I enjoy biking, spending time with my dogs and traveling. My favorite thing about Minnesota is the summer road work (just kidding!). I do enjoy the different neighborhoods in the Twin Cities and the beautiful lakes in our state.
- Drexel University
- APA Division 22 (Rehabilitation Psychology)
- APA Division 38 (Health Psychology)
Current licenses and certifications
- Empowered Relief (TM) certified instructor
- Licensed Psychologist, Minnesota
- Minneapolis VA Health Care System
- Minneapolis VA Health Care System (two-year residency in Rehabilitation Psychology)
Years of experience
Additional languages spoken
- United Hospital
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)