Michael Hoiland, PhD
- Health Psychology
- stress management
- loss, grief, and bereavement
Practice Philosophy: To listen sincerely and without judgment; to help clients accept, forgive and move on from the past to seek their unique purpose and identity, and to discover physical, emotional and social fulfillment.
What are you passionate about?
- Guiding people to face and overcome the pain and difficulties of life, during childhood or adulthood
- Helping patients go on to use those experiences to attain their highest potential, help others and offer the greatest significance and meaning for existence. This benefits not only the individual, but also those who care about them and society.
Something that you have learned from your patients: We are all human, more alike than different - fragile and broken down at some point, in need of someone to talk to. But we are also resilient, and able to heal, find inner peace, reconcile with others and grow as a person if willing and given the opportunity.
One of the challenges of this career that I enjoy is: Meeting diverse people and learning about their history to walk with them on their journey back to wholeness.
My personal health goal: To remain intentional and active with friends, fun, family and faith well into my old age.
What is the best thing you've done for your health? Learning moderation ... eat and sleep well, and exercise and stretch on a regular basis.
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology - Bronx, New York
- University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire, Wis.
Are you this provider? Update your profile.
To verify your specific doctor's or hospital's network participation with any plan, please contact the health plan directly. This information is subject to change and may not be reflected until the next update. We accept many insurance plans, providing access to providers across a wide range of specialties. Learn more.
Major health plans we accept
- Allina Health | Aetna
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
Other health plans we accept
- America's PPO
- First Health/Coventry
- Hennepin Health (formerly Metropolitan Health Plan)
- South Country Health Alliance
- United Behavioral Health
- Wisconsin Physician Services (WPS)