Sabine Schmid, PhD
- Career development
- Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder, Attention
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Perinatal mental health
- Stress and anxiety disorders
- Life transitions
- loss, grief, and bereavement
Hometown: I grew up in Germany and moved to the United States during my graduate training.
Practice philosophy: I integrate Cognitive Behavioral Therapy with mindfulness and other evidence-based treatments and techniques, like Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. My therapeutic mission is to collaboratively work through challenges while building a life you value. This hard and courageous work requires a safe, warm and supportive environment.
Best part of my work or a patient visit: Working with patients has not only inspired me professionally, but it has shaped my values. I get to see the best side of humanity: people being honest, working hard, and trying to get better as people, friends, partners and parents.
Why I became a provider: I started my studies in cognitive psychology exploring how emotions affect our perception and became fascinated with the interplay of thoughts, feelings and mental health. My scientific background guides my clinical work of helping people work through challenges and learn new tools to master them.
- Outdoor activities
- Educational institutions
- University of Regensburg, Germany
- Vanderbilt University
- Academy of Cognitive Therapy
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- Minnesota Psychological Association
- Current licenses and certifications
- Certified by the Academy of Cognitive Therapy
- University of Chicago, Department of Psychology
- University of Pennsylvania, Department of Psychiatry & Aaron T. Beck Institute
- Additional languages spoken