Alicia Schroepfer, CNP, APRN
- Skin cancer detection and prevention
- General medical dermatology
Hometown: I grew up in the military.
What are you passionate about? Early detection of melanoma, a potentially life-threatening form of skin cancer. Keeping a close eye on high-risk patients can improve their chances for positive health outcomes.
If I wasn't a provider, I would be a: makeup artist or closet organizer. Before and after transformations can be so surprising and exciting.
Something I have learned from my patients is: how important it is to build a trusting relationship with your health care provider. My hope is that patients feel comfortable sharing their concerns so we can develop a plan that fits into their life and makes them feel the best in their skin.
My personal health goal: To balance physically challenging myself while still enjoying the things I love.
What is the best thing health advice you've received? Taking good care of your skin does not mean you have to break your budget. Skin care products can be reasonably priced as well as effective.
What are you most proud of? Completing a doctoral program in the midst of getting married and my husband joining the military. It's amazing how resilient people can be during some of life's greatest challenges.
- University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
- Metropolitan State University - St. Paul, Minnesota
- International Dermoscopy Society
- Minnesota APRN Coalition
- Nurse Practitioner Society of Dermatology Nurses' Association
Current licenses and certifications
- Certified Family Nurse Practitioner - American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Minnesota Registered Nurse
- Public Health Nurse
- Wisconsin Registered Nurse
Years of experience
Are you this provider? Update your profile.